Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Narcolamentcy

I lay
I lay
My drowsy state
Takes my stance
Down to the floor
In an awkward dance

The ironic pose
Floor to nose
In a humble bow
Works it's way
To here an now

I eat to stay awake
I sleep to stay awake
I time my life  to acomodate
The mandate
Of my grueling master
Purveying choices as to a child
Taming any hope gone wild
My joints follow suit
In a stiffening jaunt
As the carefree taunt
With their unbelief
Of my reason for grief
I'm buried  a foot deeper by unbelief
Because all they see is the in between
But this routine
Is nothing new
But before I had the Ocean Blue
And a weekly song
And a walk to anywhere
To cure a wrong
And my purpose known
My babies home
Also a network of consideration
Like a pension
From when our lives were worthy of mention
But with one fail swoop it's washed away
And I was the one to leave
And now to my lonely floor I cleave
God what is left for me?
Where do I find new sight for my blind?
Will I ever be restored or reimbursed
Or reunited to what was first?
Self centered hopes, I know
But this old heart yearns to grow
Some good sprout of hope
From the dead ends of my rope
I believe in possibilities
Made by you
Even beyond my age or abilities
Or things that I  "could do"
But if it is up to me alone to find
Or hope for something new
Or to me to be amazing
At "Life: part 2"
I know me from history
And in my trajectory
As decline turns to decay
I'll lay
I'll lay

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lean into this laying, this well placed crown is at your feet upon which you bow. Your lessons rich, your treasures unspoken; have made you the cherished friend I have chosen.

    ReplyDelete